The Honda HR-V, which underwent a facelift in late 2018, has been shaking up the SUV/Crossover segment in South Africa since its introduction to the market in 2015. Below, we’ll highlight five reasons we love the most stylish yet Honda HR-V (and why you will too).
- Dynamic Styling
- Honda’s Magic Seats
- Tall Mode
- By flipping up the rear seats, you are able to take full advantage of the space between the floor and the ceiling for a quick trip to the nursery or a full-on hardware shopping spree.
- Long Mode
- The things you need on an expedition won’t always be in the right shape. Simply fold the seats on one side of the HR-V completely flat to create a long space for awkward items like a surfboard or long planks.
- Utility Mode
- By folding the rear seats completely flat, your space is instantly maximised, and you can easily pack all the equipment for your camping trip in the back of your HR-V.
- The obsession with safety
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA)
- l>The HR-V is able to detect oversteer or understeer and automatically adjust its path for stability and safety.
- The clever Honda i-SRS driver airbag inflates at different rates depending on the severity of the impact, seatbelt usage, and a whole lot of other factors to keep you safe.
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD)
- ABS provide the Honda HR-V with superior braking power, and when emergency braking is detected, Brake Assist applies maximum braking pressure while EBD monitors and adjusts the brake force on each wheel.
- Entertainment galore
- Ride quality
The Honda HR-V proves that you don’t have to sacrifice style for practicality with its modern styling and strong sculptural lines which evokes a sense of sport car and SUV, making it the perfect companion for any driver.
You’ll never be short on space. With the cleverly designed compartments and streamlined interior design which maximises storage capacity making sure you have enough space for the things that matter most – your passengers.
Moreover, Honda’s Magic Seat System provides you with the opportunity to further enhance the luggage space capabilities of the HR-V.
The practicality and styling of the HR-V is great, but it means nothing without advanced safety features – the most important feature of any car.
Rest assured that the Honda HR-V is equipped with all the safety features you’ll need to keep yourself and your loved ones safe on the road, like:
The Honda HR-V is not only the most stylish yet, it’s also the most entertaining – with connectivity features like Bluetooth hands free connectivity, USB and HDMI ports, display audio and steering mounted audio controls.
Ultimately, you still want to enjoy a decent ride quality – on which the HR-V delivers in spades.
The HR-V offers a quiet ride with a reassuringly solid feel to the steering and has a sure-footed road-holding feel to it. As comfortable on the gravel road as it is as a people-mover during the week.