- On the morning of your service we have a meet and greet between you the customer and our enthusiastic Service advisors, the service advisors will then confirm your details as well as your vehicles.
- Service advisors then get authorization from service plan or maintenance plan, once we have received authorization a job card is then created and allocated to a technician.
- Technician then studies the job card and draws out whatever parts is needed for the service from our parts department.
- The technician then drains existing oil from the vehicle and removes the oil filter. The technician then replaces the sump plug washer with a new washer.
- The technician then replaces the oil filter with a new oil filter and correct new oil level quantity refilled back in the vehicle according to specs. Lastly, the technician will replace the air filter with a brand-new unit.
- The technician then does a safety check on the braking system of the vehicle, Checking the thickness of brake pads and rear brake linings as well as discs. The handbrake is then adjusted according to specification. All lights and wiper blades are checked as well as suspension and under carriage goes through a check. If any defects are found a full report will be given to the customer with a quotation.
- Vehicle is then road tested by the foreman and thereafter put in the wash bay for a refreshing clean up.
- Customer is then contacted and picked up to fetch their car, the service advisor will then go with the customer to check the vehicle to make sure our customers are happy and do a hand over to the customer.
CMH Honda Wing Umhlanga is stepping into 2020 with a fresh team and is ready to welcome the New Year & all our loyal clientele to our new premises at 89 Flanders Drive in Mt Edgecombe. The team at Honda Wing Umhlanga is keen to service all of your needs from New & Pre-owned Bikes to efficient Service & Workshop requirements with a star-studded team.Gregory Vanis – Sales Executive
An enthusiastic, avid & honest biker that has been involved with motorbikes since the age of 9. Greg has both sales and technical experience and welcomes all bike enthusiasts to call on him for any assistance.Lance Timms – Sales Executive
Lance has been promoted to Bike Sales after a five-year stint in the parts department. The after sales experience gained is a huge advantage for the sales division and we wish him well. You can be sure to get the best service with a huge smile and a never say no attitude.Natasha Diedricks – Service Advisor / Service Booking Clerk
Natasha has been with the CMH Service Department for over 4 Years. Her warm smile and caring attitude will assure you’re in good hands. Natasha’s experience in different aspects of the workshop garnering wide knowledge of all the ins and outs.Rudolph De Bruyn – Bike Technician
Rudolph is a well-known figure in the biking community with over 30 years’ experience. A friendly, passionate and patient man who is very particular about his trade.
So, what exactly do you need to check before you embark on your road trip?
➤We would advise taking your car in for a 21 point safety check, this will help to diagnose any problems and fix them before they need replacing which might cost a fortune.
➤Always look out for Dashboard lights, this will indicate if you need to check or replace anything on your car as the dashboard lights indicate when something is wrong.
➤Don’t leave without your car jack and locking wheel nut key
➤Have your battery checked by an authorized dealer
➤Check the weather before heading out to ensure the roads are safe to drive on
➤Make sure you’re well-rested before a long drive
Keep spirits high and everybody safe with these winter driving safety tips.
➤Always have your driver’s license with you
➤Always fasten your seat belt
➤Do not use your cell phone when driving
➤Keep a safe following distance when driving
➤Stay within the speed limits
➤Let impatient and aggressive drivers pass you or go through the intersection ahead of you so that you control the situation
➤Know how you’re going to get to your destination and have an alternative route in mind
Make sure you, your family and your insured possession are safe during the holidays with the below tips
➤Keeping track of your car keys
➤Never leave your car keys laying around carelessly
➤Make sure your vehicle is always secured
➤Never leave the windows open, even if the car is parked in your drive way
➤Keep valuables hidden in the vehicle, preferably in the boot
➤Always lock your car, behind a locked gate or garage
➤Park in safe places
➤make sure the area where you are parked has enough lighting
Ensure your families safety this festive season by bringing your vehicle into CMH Honda Menlyn for a 21 point safety check.
CMH Honda Umhlanga is a proud sponsor to the Pink Phoenix Cancer Foundation and is happy to announce our participation in the upcoming Pink Drive Golf Day, fundraising Event on the 6th September 2019.
The CMH group supports many Non-Profit organisations and upliftment projects throughout the country and is committed to the helping the less fortunate, handicapped and terminally ill as part of giving back to the community. Honda Umhlanga has been a long-time supporter of this wonderful organisation that does wonders for those who have been afflicted by the unbiased disease affecting many people most of whom have no means to cope with the treatment. The Pink Phoenix foundation has been assisting cancer sufferers since 2011, Sharon Van Straaten a cancer survivor believes more needs to be done for those suffering with the dreaded disease by initiating awareness campaigns, fundraising events and treatment aids.
The Golf Day aims to raise funds and awareness around the Pink Phoenix Foundation and future projects, CMH Honda Umhlanga will be there on the 6th of September and we urge you to take part in this event, you can book your spot by contacting Sharon at the Pink Phoenix Foundation.
The Honda Jazz has been around for as long as we can all remember, and it has remained a popular hatch on South African roads by continuously adapting itself to the ever-changing needs of the market it serves.
The latest updates to the Honda Jazz prove once again that this is a diverse, practical hatch with thought behind every design detail. We’ve broken down the specifications and features of the Jazz below.
Engineered for your safety
Safety is a top priority when it comes to designing any Honda, and the Jazz is no exception. All safety features have been rigorously tested to give you peace of mind in knowing that you and your passengers are protected whilst travelling in the Honda Jazz.
- Active Safety
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- High-Mounted LED brake Light
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA)
- Emergency Stop Signal
- Rear parking Sensors
- Reverse Parking Camera
- Rear Disc Brakes
- Passive Safety
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering Body (ACE)
- Front, Side & Curtain SRS Airbag System
- Seatbelt Pretensioning System: Front
- 3-Point ELR Inertia-Reel Seatbelts
- Height Adjustable Seatbelt Anchors
- ISOFIX Child Seat Anchors: Rear
- Alarm & Immobilizer
- Auto Door Lock with Selective Unlock
- Central Locking
- Smart Entry with Push Start/Stop Button
Versatility that will move you
The Honda Jazz changes the way you think about small cars. It is made to adapt to an array of your needs with a range of interior features like the Honda Magic Seat that allows four different configurations (Refresh Mode, Tall Mode, Utility Mode and Long Mode) to transform your luggage compartment to fit in with your requirements.
- Auto air conditioner
- Cruise control
- Height adjustable seats
- Leather multi-function steering wheel
- Honda Magic Seats
Stay connected, in style
The Jazz’s unique interior allows you to keep your hands on the wheel while you drive with ease, because when you drive the Jazz there is so much more to see: a specially designed windscreen that increases your all-around vision and slim pillars allow light to flow through the cabin.
- Multi-information display
- 7” Touch screen display audio
- Bluetooth hands free telephone (HFT)
- 6 Speaker sound system
- USB (iPod) Connection
- Radio with single disk CD player
Style and function in perfect synergy
The Jazz’s assertive style is complemented by short overhangs, a lapsing roofline and wheel arches. Carefully considered design elements contribute to an overall of dynamic poise and capability.
- Fog light: front
- 16” Alloy wheels
- Retractable power mirrors
- LED daytime running lights
- LED headlights
Honda’s superb 5 year/200,000km factory warranty comes standard across the Jazz lineup, and a 4 year/60,000km service plan is included with the Comfort, Elegance and Sport models only.
Winner of the Hot Hatch Award 3rd time in a row
The Honda Civic Type R remains the champion in the UK winning the prestigious Auto Express UK Hot Hatch award for the third time in a row beating the Seat Cupra and Ford Fiesta ST. This is a big deal as many rivals fought hard to outshine the exotic Honda model but it still proved to be the best.
The build and design attributed to the consecutive win with overall aspects making this a champion, starting with the 2.0L Turbocharged engine that produces 235kws of power and enjoys being tested letting out an aggressive growl which is enhanced thanks to the smooth 6 speed manual transmission.
One of the most noteworthy features of the prestigious hatch is the way it stays down and grips the road like a true racer giving you more vantage also thanks to the great design promoting downward force unseen or heard of in its class.
Different driving modes that is easy to use and quick transition modes is a breath of fresh air but as soon the R mode is selected the beast gets to works and shows you why it’s the best. Modernised interactive HUB designed for seamless connection and integration, keeping you focused on the road which supports Apple and Android Carplay as well as SAT-Nav.
The Type R is surely set apart from the rest with outstanding design and features that come together to give you this piece of art in motion.
Visit CMH Honda Umhlanga to find out more about this iconic racing model from one of our experienced agents with pricing starting from R 691 300 Including VAT.
The fresher than ever Honda Amaze hit South African soil in late 2018 and has quickly proven its worth as a compact sedan. However, if you are still unsure on whether or not you need to make the switch to a Honda Amaze, keep reading.
Powered by a 1.2 i-VTEC engine, the Honda Amaze can reach a top speed of 160km per hour, and you can expect a fuel consumption of 5.6 to 5.7 liters per 100km. This doesn’t only mean that you will be able to navigate South African roads quickly and easily, it also won’t cost you an arm and a leg in fuel costs.
- Specifications and Features
Given the segment that the Honda Amaze competes in, you wouldn’t expect a range of safety and comfort features – and that’s where the Honda Amaze outshines any competition. The host of features you can come to expect in the Honda Amaze includes radio with Bluetooth audio streaming, USB, electric windows, multi-function steering wheel, electric adjustable wing mirrors and paddle-shift gear selector on the CVT variant.
What good is a car that has all the features you could want, but lacks the necessary safety features you require? Honda has kept this in mind and ensured the Honda Amaze keeps you and your passengers safe with active and passive safety features like ABS with EBD, front fog lights, ISOFIX child seat anchors, central locking, remote entry and auto door locking.
As with any Honda, you get to enjoy a 5 year/200,000km factory warranty, 2 year/30,000km service plan and 3 years roadside assist from the AA when you purchase a Honda Amaze.
What are you waiting for? Experience the Power of Dreams by test driving the Honda Amaze at your nearest CMH Honda dealer today!
The Honda BR-V, redefines any preconceived idea of what a seven-seater is. With bold styling and advanced safety and comfort features – we’re giving you 5 reasons why this is more than your average “mom-car”.
- Glamorous urban SUV, loaded with features
• The Honda BR-V demands attention with its stylish SUV character, which is enhanced by projector headlamps, a wide front grill and LED position lights. The sleek, silver roof rails gives it an undoubtedly sporty appeal and hints at a true sense of utility.
- Versatile 7-seater for the family
• Seven seats in three rows ensures that every passenger fits comfortably in the Honda BR-V, making it perfect for carpooling, school runs and family vacations. Smaller families have the added advantage of increasing the BR-V’s luggage capacity by folding down the third row of seats in an instant.
- Fuel efficient engine
• Fuel efficiency is t the top of the lists of requirements for every new car buyer, and with the BR-V you don’t have to worry about sacrificing power for fuel efficiency with a mighty 1.5 i-VTEC petrol engine that keeps this seven-seater running.
- Advanced safety
• Perhaps the most important aspect to consider when buying a new car is the safety features it is equipped with. Rest assured in your decision to purchase the Honda BR-V, knowing that it comes with class leading safety features which include SRS Airbags, Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), seatbelt reminder and high-mounted brake light to name only a few.
- It’s a great drive
• And, of course, it needs to give you a smooth ride from start to finish. Whether you prefer to slot it in “D” and let the BR-V do all the gear changes, or you prefer to be in charge – the Honda BR_V doesn’t disappoint when it comes to ride quality, stability on the road and it’s ability to take you anywhere.
Make your way to your nearest CMH Honda dealership to take this big, bold, BR-V for a test drive.
The Honda HR-V, which underwent a facelift in late 2018, has been shaking up the SUV/Crossover segment in South Africa since its introduction to the market in 2015. Below, we’ll highlight five reasons we love the most stylish yet Honda HR-V (and why you will too).
- Dynamic Styling
- Honda’s Magic Seats
The Honda HR-V proves that you don’t have to sacrifice style for practicality with its modern styling and strong sculptural lines which evokes a sense of sport car and SUV, making it the perfect companion for any driver.
You’ll never be short on space. With the cleverly designed compartments and streamlined interior design which maximises storage capacity making sure you have enough space for the things that matter most – your passengers.
Moreover, Honda’s Magic Seat System provides you with the opportunity to further enhance the luggage space capabilities of the HR-V.
- Tall Mode
- By flipping up the rear seats, you are able to take full advantage of the space between the floor and the ceiling for a quick trip to the nursery or a full-on hardware shopping spree.
- Long Mode
- The things you need on an expedition won’t always be in the right shape. Simply fold the seats on one side of the HR-V completely flat to create a long space for awkward items like a surfboard or long planks.
- Utility Mode
- By folding the rear seats completely flat, your space is instantly maximised, and you can easily pack all the equipment for your camping trip in the back of your HR-V.
The practicality and styling of the HR-V is great, but it means nothing without advanced safety features – the most important feature of any car.
Rest assured that the Honda HR-V is equipped with all the safety features you’ll need to keep yourself and your loved ones safe on the road, like:
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA)
- l>The HR-V is able to detect oversteer or understeer and automatically adjust its path for stability and safety.
- The clever Honda i-SRS driver airbag inflates at different rates depending on the severity of the impact, seatbelt usage, and a whole lot of other factors to keep you safe.
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD)
- ABS provide the Honda HR-V with superior braking power, and when emergency braking is detected, Brake Assist applies maximum braking pressure while EBD monitors and adjusts the brake force on each wheel.
The Honda HR-V is not only the most stylish yet, it’s also the most entertaining – with connectivity features like Bluetooth hands free connectivity, USB and HDMI ports, display audio and steering mounted audio controls.
Ultimately, you still want to enjoy a decent ride quality – on which the HR-V delivers in spades.
The HR-V offers a quiet ride with a reassuringly solid feel to the steering and has a sure-footed road-holding feel to it. As comfortable on the gravel road as it is as a people-mover during the week.Allow yourself to experience The Power of Dreams in the most stylish yet Honda HR-V at your nearest CMH Honda dealer.