- Change your oil
- Although this is something that needs to be done when needed, it’s especially important during winter months. You may even need to change the type of oil you use altogether. Your owner’s manual will give you clarity on which viscosity you should be using during colder temperatures. Winter generally requires a thinner oil.
- Check the ratio on your engine coolant (antifreeze)
- A ratio of 50/50 is acceptable during normal weather conditions but should be amended to 60/40 in winter.
- Check your battery
- There’s nothing more frustrating than being stuck with a dead battery, in colder temperatures your engine needs more current from the battery in order to start.
- As a first step, make sure you have enough charge left in your battery. Switch on the headlights before you start your engine. Then turn the engine on – if the lights get brighter, it could be an indication that your battery is dying.
- You can also test the actual voltage with a voltmeter or take your car to a mechanic to test it for you.
- Check the battery cables for any cracks or brakes and finally ask a mechanic to check the battery fluid for you and top it up if needed.
- Change your washer fluid and windshield wipers
- Get yourself a washer fluid with antifreeze solution. Windshield wipers should be replaced every 6 – 12 months depending on the amount of exposure to harsh weather conditions they receive. Rather play it safe by replacing your windshield wipers if they start looking worn down.
- Get a basic service
- The service interval for most Honda vehicles (and many other brands) are every 15,000km. If your scheduled service interval is likely to fall in the middle of winter, you might want to take it in a little early. At a Honda workshop we will check your belts and hoses, ignition, brakes, wiring, spark plugs and all filters as part of a basic service.
- Check your defroster and heater
- If you want to remain safe on the road this winter, you need your defroster and heater to work properly. Both of which can be costly to repair. One tip to save you money on an expensive defroster repair is to check for any air leaks around the doors and windows. These leaks can allow in extra moisture which will make it seem like you have a broken defroster.
- Check your tyres.
- Check the tread for wear and tear and check your owner’s manual to see what the correct air pressure in your tyres should be during winter months.
- Keep your fuel tank filled
- We can all agree that keeping your fuel tank filled is always a good idea, but there’s actually a pretty good reason behind why this is important during the winter.
- Apparently, cold weather can cause condensation to form in an empty or near empty fuel tank. The water can drip down into the fuel and travel to the bottom where it can then travel into your fuel lines. In winter, it can freeze in your fuel lines and block the flow of fuel to your engine.
- Get your car detailed
- This is not necessary, but if you’re worried about your car’s paint job it’s a good idea. It’s also a good idea to get a car wax that coats the body panels, which will help protect the paint from snow and salt damage.
- Beef up your car emergency kits
- If you don’t already have a car emergency kit – now is the time to get one. If you do have one, then now is the time to ensure it’s ready for any emergency winter could bring your way.
- TYRE WARRANTY:
- There are loads of potholes on the roads, so you will need the tyre warranty for peace of mind.
- You pay a once off premium
- Helps to cover unexpected cost of repair or replacement to tyres
- It is convenient because repairs or replacement can be done at any tiger wheel & tyre anywhere in South Africa
- You are covered from the moment you sign.
- You pay a once off premium
- No excess when you claim
- It saves your no claim bonus from your insurance
- It keeps your car looking new without any scratches
- Repairs can be done at any registered and recognised panel beater in your area
- It covers full service including wear and tear
- It can be added to your finance
- Various upgrades and extensions are available
- With an up to date service history you will enjoy immediate cover.
- It gives you peace of mind in the event of total loss – no need to continue paying the bank while you don’t have the car
- It covers the difference between insurance pay-out and bank settlement
- It helps you with excess up to R6000.00 (six thousand Rand)
- No waiting period – Covers starts immediately from the moment you sign
- You can apply for a new car immediately
- Saves your family financial stress of paying your car if things go wrong.
- Your loan will be settled in the event of death, permanent disability and illness
- Pays up to 6 months instalments if you are retrenched
- Pays up to 12 months instalments if you are temporarily disabled.
- It can be cancelled once the loan is settled
- Avoid high cost of repairs after expiration of the manufacturer’s warranty
- Takes care of unexpected mechanical malfunctions
- Takes care of unexpected electrical failures
- No mileage restrictions and is once off payment
- Enjoy benefit of being treated at private hospital if you don’t have medical aid
- Access to private medical facility is guaranteed following an accident
- ER24 emergency transport to private medical facility is paid for.
- Up to R200 000 is paid directly to hospital for in-patient treatment
- Child minder – your children are taken care of in the event of an accident
- You are covered even if travelling with a public transport.
- Qualifies you a discount from insurance companies
- You can track your car on your smartphone
- it can be added to your financed amount
- it keeps electronic logbook for you
- Unit is fitted before you take delivery and is active immediately.
We extend a warm and professional welcome to Cynthia Van Staden who has been promoted as a workshop manager at CMH Honda Hatfield. Cynthia has extensive experience in customer relations and will be sure to improve our Workshop department as a whole.
Cynthia started her journey with CMH Honda Hatfield as a Receptionist. Through hard work, dedication and commitment Cynthia was then promoted to service adviser before moving on to achieving management status. With 16 years’ experience in the motor industry there is no doubting that Cynthia is the perfect fit to take CMH Honda Hatfield’s workshop to bigger and greater things.
Cynthia’s vision for the workshop is “to deliver a high level of service quality while exceeding the expectations of the customers.”
As the heartbeat of our business, it was time to show our loyal customers a whole lot of appreciation at our owner’s appreciation day on the 8 – 9 March 2019.
Apart from the fantastic spot prizes provided by Honda South Africa and the amazing deals on offer on the day, every client who test drove a new Honda model was registered on our database and entered into a draw to win one of 20 vouchers worth R2000 – as well as the grand prize draw, which is one of two vouchers to the value of R20, 000.00!
Our sales team were kept very busy as customers showed up in their numbers, many of which found their dream car. Customers also got to enjoy delicious (personalised) cupcakes as well as some burgers, boerie rolls and refreshments during their visit.
We would like to extend a HUGE thank you to every loyal customer, supporter, employee and supplier who had a part to play in the paramount success of this weekend, we look forward to many more events like these.
With customers like these, you can’t help but believe in The Power of Dreams.
- Vehicle Multi check
- It is important to check if your vehicle may give signs of potential hazards and prevent additional damages before it happens.
- Ensure that all light bulbs are functioning and are bright enough for you to see the road and increase the visibility of your vehicle.
- Check your dashboard to ensure that it gives you the right mileage reading, speed reading and fluid levels
- Check to see if window shield is in a good working condition, with no chips or cracks. If your wipers are faulty they will need to be replaced.
- Make sure wiper blades are functioning well and making a clean sweep.
- Ensure that your vehicles wheels are securely fastened
- Check to see if your tyres are wearing off evenly
- Ensure that each tyre has adequate thread
- Make sure your spare wheel is in a good working condition
- Check vehicle brake fluid and top it up if necessary
- Check if handbrake fluid levels are good and that the brakes are working correctly
- Make sure that your vehicles shock absorbers and other suspension systems are keeping the tyres firmly on the ground
- If your vehicle’s handling is poor then you may need to check your suspension system.
- Check that the batteries water is topped up and make sure the battery is delivering the correct charge.
- Have the alternator checked to make sure it keeps the battery charged.
- Check to make sure that all belts, chains and other components are in a good working condition.
- Make sure your vehicles cooling system – especially the radiator and water pump is functioning correctly.
When you selected your Honda, you stepped in to the new standard of the world. With our high level of enthusiasm, excellence, and attention to detail it is no surprise that CMH Honda Hatfield is renowned for its servicing department. So when it’s is time for your vehicle to be serviced look no further than CMH Honda Hatfield. Nobody knows your Honda vehicle better than our highly trained professionals.
From oil changes to brake inspections, our Service Department is here to assist you with all your vehicle needs. With a team of Honda Certified technicians, you can have peace of mind that our service team will only use genuine Honda OEM parts, offer competitive pricing, and complete services in a timely and professional manner. Whether it’s a minor or a major service CMH Honda Hatfield will help your vehicle run smoothly for many years to come.
It has never been easier to book your vehicle in for a service, click on the link https://www.cmhhonda.co.za/book-service/ and complete the relevant information so one of our highly trained technicians can contact you.
Our committed service department looks forward to listening to all your servicing needs and completing all work in a professional manner so that you can have peace of mind while on the road. To learn more about our service department or for any additional questions, give us a call on 012 342 4290
We’re devoted to customer satisfaction, and that extends beyond our quality repair work. If you’re looking for a service experience like no other, visit CMH Honda Hatfield Today!
Since its introduction to the South African market in 2013, the Honda Brio models have become a popular choice among new car buyers seeking a compact and affordable motoring solution offering quality, convenience, economy and value.
The Brio is an affordable, compact and convenient car that balances maximised interior space with a futuristic, edgy and functional design that fits perfectly in your get-up-and-go lifestyle. This design is accentuated by the chrome grille and fine character lines rising up from the dynamic headlights – every piece designed aerodynamically.
Functionality and style meets as soon as you open the door to your Brio, with its ergonomic and spacious interior, air conditioning, tilt steering for greater driving comfort, and even power side mirrors. It’s clear that we want you to enjoy the ride – after all, life is a journey and not a destination.
From afar, you cannot tell that the Brio is a testimony to Honda’s “Man Maximum, Machine Minimum” principle with an interior design that combines a spacious and quality feel with the focus on the actual cabin size that will be used by you.
Active and passive safety features across the board includes anti-locking brakes (ABS) with electronic brake force distribution (EBD), dual front airbags, and front seat belts with pre-tensioners and load limiters. Your safety is further secured with central locking and an engine immobiliser.
Each of the hatch and sedan derivatives are completely customisable with a range of accessories to mirror your personality such as a tailgate spoiler, alloy wheels or exhaust tail pipe finisher.
The last bit of personalisation is the range of colours available for you to choose from. These include Taffeta White, Alabaster Silver Metallic, Urban Titanium Metallic and Rally Red.
To top it all off, all Brio models comes standard with a 5 year/200,000km factory warranty, 2 year/30,000km service plan as well as 3 years AA Roadside Assistance.
Fuel prices seem to get ever more expensive by the day, so finding ways to reduce your fuel consumption has never been more relevant. We at CMH Honda The Glen are all about the customer so we have come up with 5 fuel saving tips that can help you make a difference in your monthly fuel expenditure.
Here are 5 simple fuel saving tips from CMH Honda the Glen:
- Make fewer trips
Did you know that when you drive a car that has been parked for a few hours, the engine is cold and it uses much more fuel for the first five miles or so? Ideally, you’d want to combine all your daily errands into one big trip. Although we know this is probably not possible our suggestion is to make a few big trips rather than a lot of small ones.
- Close the windows (and sunroof, if you’ve got one)
It’s not so much of a problem when you’re driving in town, but when you’re out of town or on the highway and moving more quickly, the shape of your car is very important. Car designers call it aerodynamics and make lots of effort to reduce the ‘drag’ and make the car as sleek as possible. Anything that makes wind noise as your car goes along is actually making your car more expensive to run. You can’t do much about the design of your car, but you can avoid making it worse by not leaving the windows and sunroof open. It’s better to use the air vents for most of the year, and the air-conditioning when it gets too hot.
- Accelerate smoothly
The perfect way to travel is at a constant speed (ideally around 60km), and in the highest gear (five or six). So if you’re a patient driver, you’ll have lower fuel costs – it’s as simple as that. It’s unrealistic to avoid overtaking but there’s little point accelerating past a car to simply be in front of them at the next set of lights – any instant gratification will appear on your fuel slip the next time you fill up.
- Don’t push the accelerator down too far
This one always surprises people. It’s not just to do with what gear you’re in. You may be in a high gear and travelling at a sensible speed, but if you’re pushing the accelerator down a long way to avoid changing into a lower gear (into third from fourth, for example), then you’re actually using more fuel not less. Obviously, if your car has an automatic gearbox (you’ll know if it does), then it will probably do a better job than you of choosing which gear to be in, so it’s not a problem.
- Check your tyre pressures regularly
The lower the tyre pressure, the more fuel the car needs to move it down the road. We recommend that you take five minutes every fortnight to check the tyres. If you’re not sure what the pressure should be, you can come into the dealership and we can help you with the tyre pressure. Show you exactly where it should be and how to keep your tyres in a good condition.
With the ever-increasing fuel prices, we hope our input assists in saving money and fuel
Honda is a Japanese automobile and motorcycle manufacturer. Known for their fuel efficient vehicles Honda is the world’s sixth largest automotive manufacturer in the world. Honda has been the world’s largest motorcycle manufacturer since 1959. K&N make’s oil filters for Honda motorcycles, quads, watercrafts, scooters, and utility vehicles.
The Benefits of Using Honda Genuine Motor Oil
Honda engines are meticulously designed machines engineered to run through gruelling parameters and high tolerance levels. Not only do Honda engineers design parts and systems to meet extremely precise standards for performance and reliability, the chemical composition of fluids is carefully devised to cool Honda engines.
Motor oil is not necessarily created equal therefore it is important to keep your Honda engine topped up with specifically engineered original equipment manufacturer (OEM) Honda motor oil. Buying an off-the-shelf third-party motor oil may mean your Honda engine is not living up to its full potential.
Genuine Honda Engine Oils are premium quality oils tested by Honda R&D. They conform to international specifications of JASO (Japanese Automobile Standard Organization) MA & MB.
Honda genuine oils have the following benefits:
- Ensures maximum engine performance and protection.
- Increases fuel efficiency.
- Lowers emissions output.
- Protects the engine under extreme operating conditions.
- Meets Honda’s demanding specifications.
- Specified as the only oil for our newer, advanced engine designs.
- Helps prevent the formation of sludge and deposits.
Oil is the lifeblood of your engine. That’s why Honda takes countless steps to blend and test Genuine Motor Oils for maximum performance in each vehicle. Using the Honda Genuine Motor Oil is intended for your specific model meaning you will receive the maximum fuel economy and engine performance — something after-market motor oils simply can’t provide.
For any car, not just a Honda, the genuine filter is usually the best choice. The engine was designed tested and manufactured with a genuine filter.
When you are ready to have any service work performed on your Honda car, truck, or SUV, simply schedule an appointment by calling us on 012 432 0300 or book online https://www.cmhhonda.co.za/book-service/
Don’t resort to a third-party garage, take your car to the folks who know it best at CMH Honda Hatfield. Our Honda Master Certified Technicians will service your vehicle with the highest level of care and diligence.
We are also running the all original Oil And Filter service special at CMH Honda Hatfield until the end of January 2019 to give you even more opportunity to save while getting your car in perfect condition after the holidays and getting ready for back to school.
Upgrade to full Service and get 10% OFF on all service parts and labour.
DO NOT MISS OUT!!
Book your service now