COR is short for Certificate of Roadworthiness. It is a pivotal aspect to consider when purchasing a pre-owned or demo vehicle as it determines car safety. Vehicles receive the certificate after completing the roadworthiness test.
CMH Honda Pinetown ensures that every vehicle on our pre-owned, used, and demo floors is taken to the COR testing station to give customers peace of mind and a fully functional car.
The vehicle must undergo the following tests at a certified testing station to obtain COR:
- Engine – The engine bay must be clean with no damage, leaks, or loose wiring.
- Suspension – The suspension and under-carriage must be rust-free with no fluid leaks.
- Exterior – The bodywork goes through rigorous inspection for rust, windscreen cracks and stone chips. The wipers need to be operational.
- Lights – All lights and indicators must be fully operational and completely sealed from moisture.
- Wheels, tyres & brakes – All wheels and tyres need to be the same size with the correct tread (over 1.6mm deep). The brakes need to be fully working without the warped discs.
However, CMH Honda Pinetown acknowledges that COR is not an accurate reflection of the vehicle’s mechanical condition. The customer must take the car for extensive technical inspection to assess the actual mechanical state.
The beauty of buying a car from CMH Honda Pinetown is that we send our vehicles for all of these tests, ensuring that all of our pre-owned cars are prepared and ready for the next owner. Visit CMH Honda Pinetown for great deals in our new & pre-owned division.